what food have vitamin d
How can I increase my vitamin D fast?
7 Effective Ways to Increase Your Vitamin D Levels – Healthline Spend time in sunlight. Vitamin D is often referred to as “the sunshine vitamin” because the sun is one of the best sources of this nutrient, Consume fatty fish and seafood, Eat more mushrooms, Include egg yolks in your diet, Eat fortified foods, Take a supplement, Try a UV lamp
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a nutrient essential for human health. It helps keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy. Vitamin D is also called the “sunshine vitamin” because our bodies can make it when exposed to sunlight.
Foods High in Vitamin D
There are many foods that contain vitamin D, but here are some of the best sources:
• Salmon – Provides about 450 IU per 3-ounce serving.
• Mackerel – Provides about 355 IU per 3-ounce serving.
• Tuna – Provides about 225 IU per 3-ounce serving.
• Soy milk – Provides about 100 IU per cup.
• Orange juice – Provides about 100 IU per cup.
• Egg yolks – Provides about 20 – 35 IU per yolk.
• Mushrooms – Provides about 2 IU per mushroom.
• Cereals – Some fortified cereals provide up to 100 IU per ¾ cup serving.
A healthy diet should include a variety of foods that are high in vitamin D. It is important to talk to your doctor or a dietitian to figure out how much vitamin D you need. If you do not get enough from your diet it may be necessary to take a vitamin D supplement. It is also important to get regular exposure to sunlight to ensure that your body has the vitamin D it needs.
In general, eating a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will ensure that you are getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy.