Palmeiras presented, on Friday, at the Football Academy, attacking midfielder Bruno Tabata. With the documents organized, the player can be included in the derby against Corinthians, on Saturday, at 19:00 (Brasilia), by Brazil.
Watch Bruno Tabata’s performance at Palmeiras
– It’s a derby, an important classic. As a player, I dream of playing great games, I am ready and I am at Abel’s disposal. I want to be as part of this context as possible. If I could choose, I’d be in the field tomorrow (Saturday). Answer: But it is up to the teacher.
+ Want to turn your football knowledge into cash prizes in every round of the Brazilian League? Access to Cartola Express!
Bruno Tabata presented by Palmeiras – Photo: Emilio Botta
The reinforcements were received by President Leila Pereira, the shirt number 27 previously worn by Gabriel Veron. Tabata must be registered in the Libertadores in the place of the striker, sold to Porto.
During his first interview as a promotion captain, the attacking midfielder told how his first contacts with coach Abel Ferreira were.
– The last few days I didn’t have much contact because of the game, I didn’t want to focus. I wanted to be a part of the atmosphere, but the connection with it was very good. He said he gave me excellent references, it’s a different club. It just made me want to come over more,” he explained.
– I did not have a direct relationship with Abel, but we have already encountered each other. He had a chance at PAOK, but the values didn’t quite reach what the club wanted. Since coming here, he knew his intent to rely on me, so everything went well for the negotiations to succeed.
Facing the chance of making his debut in his first week at the club, the new 27 said he requested as much information as possible to understand how the team was doing.
Bruno Tabata will wear the number 27 shirt of Palmeiras – Photo: Emilio Botta
– Once I heard about the possibility, I watched about six or seven matches to get a more tactical understanding of how the team plays, to connect and get everything to be a quick adaptation – he commented.
– I’ve done the whole pre-season, I’m in good shape physically. Last week I haven’t practiced much on negotiation, but I feel good and I leave it up to the coach to choose. “I feel ready,” he added.
Negotiations between Palmeiras and Sporting to sign Tabata continued for weeks, with disagreements between the two clubs over how to pay the nearly 5 million euros (26.6 million Brazilian reals) paid by the Brazilian team to return the player. The amount will be paid in installments by Verdão.
Leila Pereira presents the Bruno Tabata Palmeiras reinforcement – Photo: Thiago Ferri
– It was a hard farewell (from Sporting), I had a very good two years. We won the national championship and I have a good relationship with the fans. But that was my decision, I’ve always made it clear that my first choice was Palmeiras. I’m sure it will work very well.
Bruno Tabata is looking forward to his first experience as a professional player in Brazil, leaving Atlético MG before making his debut in the main team. He also went through América-MG base before arriving in Portuguese football, where he played for Portimonense and Sporting.
Left-handed, new Palmeiras player loves to play as a right wing winger, but works in other roles from the center forward, as a point guard, a left winger and even as a false striker.
In my time abroad, I ended up becoming a multi-talented player, and I played in all positions, except for defensive positions. I even played false nine, I’m a more calls player, not a reference like Ron. I’m a goalkeeper, not much of a winger. But I’m here to play the way the teacher wants – he added.
+ Let’s go bra! The biggest offer of games at a price that gives the game. Subscribe to Premier!
With kinship expected, Bruno Tabata could make his Palmeiras debut next Saturday, at 19:00 (Brasilia time), against Corinthians, at the New Coimica Arena, in Round 23 of Brazil.
With 45 points, Verdau leads the competition by six points over the runner-up, who is exactly this weekend’s Derby rival.
🎧 Listen to the GE Palmeiras podcast🎧
+ Read more news about Palmeiras
#Bruno #Tabata #introduced #Palmeiras #cites #conversation #Abel #hes #ready #debut #Derby