BVB: Borussia Dortmund poker around Youssoufa Moukoko – that’s why there are only losers

Borussia Dortmund’s transfer winter is slowly but surely accelerating.

After the black and yellow rumor mill resurfaced in recent weeks, BVB finally announced the first new signing on Tuesday. Norwegian right-back Julian Ryerson leaves Union Berlin for Dortmund for the agreed sum of five million euros, where he is to replace the injured Thomas Meunier (muscle tear).

“Julian is an intelligent defensive player and, in a positive sense, very aggressive. We really like his profile, his character and his desire to leave the field as a winner in all circumstances,” said sporting director Sebastian Kehl.

Bundesliga

BVB future: Kehl provides update on Reus and Hummels

UPDATED ON 01/16/2023 AT 08:44

While Dortmund’s defense, far from always being solid in the first series, is still getting stronger, the vagueness persists over the Youssoufa Moukoko case, supposed to be the most important personal file this winter.

BVB: Kehl increases pressure on Moukoko

Sporting director Sebastian Kehl only gave the youngster, whose contract expires next summer, a public ultimatum at the end of last week.

“We have concocted a very attractive offer for him which leaves a lot of room for development”, specified the former BVB professional to the “kicker” and underlined: “Youssoufa can now accept this offer and commit to the Borussia Dortmund – or the paths will part.”

boom! An unusually bold statement for Dortmund’s terms, which clearly shows that officials really want clarity ahead of the start of the second series against FC Augsburg (Sunday, 3:30 p.m. in the live ticker). However, the basic attitude that the club would like to extend with Moukoko has not changed.

“I would like him to choose us because he hasn’t finished his development and I see huge potential in him. But there are limits for us as a club. And we have shown those limits. It’s up to him to make a timely commitment,” Kehl continued.

The ball is therefore in the field of the German national striker.

The showdown around the future of national player Youssoufa Moukoko is in full swing.

Photo credit: Getty Images

Matthäus advises Moukoko to stay at BVB

Moukoko had repeatedly stressed in the past that he would like to stay at Dortmund. So far, however, no agreement has been reached, which could also be due to the well-known interested parties. After all, the youngster is said to be courted by several top clubs in the English Premier League and FC Barcelona.

Although the 18-year-old has undoubtedly taken a big step forward in his development this season and scored twelve goals (in 22 games) and earned his place at the World Cup in Qatar, a move to a big club European would always be a good idea early.

This opinion is also that of the national record holder Lothar Matthäus. “At least another two years” he should play for BVB, the 61-year-old recently wrote in his “Sky” column. However, it is not that simple.

As often, these questions are about money. The Moukoko camp rejected an offer of three million euros in salary, which could have increased to six million with bonuses.

Youssoufa Moukoko would like to renew at BVB

Photo credit: Getty Images

BVB unfortunately acts in the Causa Moukoko

Even if an agreement is finally reached, it is quite possible that the seemingly endless negotiations have cost the striker points of sympathy among the supporters.

On the other hand, however, the procedure of black and yellow in this poker must also be questioned. Instead of showing financial appreciation for Moukoko, who in the absence of Sebastien Haller was Dortmund’s most reliable striker (six forwards) for long stretches, BVB tried to keep wage costs as low as possible and risk now to lose top talent.

For comparison: the annual salary of more than three million euros, which Borussia Moukoko apparently offered, is in the range of the earnings of Meunier (3.11) and Marius Wolf (3.3), who commute between the substitutes’ bench and the starting XI this season.

Dortmund would be well advised to terminate the contract fee as soon as possible, as this should already have an impact on the other players.

Reus: Farewell BVB in summer?

There are reports that captain Marco Reus is unhappy with the focus on Moukoko and the very late offer of talks from the BVB board. After all, Dortmund’s figurehead’s contract also ends after the season.

Although an extension has long seemed like a mere formality, the 33-year-old has recently made statements about his future. “Of course I’m looking to the future, I still have six months left on my contract, it would be bad if I didn’t think about it,” he said.

Asked about the alleged interest from Saudi Arabia (Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr club), Reus replied: “I have an adviser to clarify things like that.”

A clear denial sounds different. In the end, will BVB even lose Edin Terzic’s outstretched arm on the pitch after eleven years?

Marco Reus and Mats Hummels

Photo credit: Getty Images

Where is Reus: Optimistic Kehl

Given the current state of affairs, this cannot be assumed. Regarding the expiring contracts of Reus and Mats Hummels, Kehl replied: “From the discussions with both of them, I can say that we are very relaxed about the situation.”

Moreover, Kehl is “convinced that we will find a way to move forward together in the talks”.

This would also be recommended in the case of Moukoko.

You might also be interested in: Bale, Bolt and Neymar in one: Here are 100 million Mudryk men

‘Fast & Furious 17’: Bayern’s stars drift on the ice

international friendly matches

Hat trick in seven minutes! Haller dominates at Kantersieg

UPDATED ON 01/13/2023 AT 4:41 PM

Bundesliga

Breakthrough in the talks: Moukoko apparently before an extension

UPDATED ON 01/13/2023 AT 8:38 AM

#BVB #Borussia #Dortmund #poker #Youssoufa #Moukoko #losers

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shopping Cart