Official: Ex-Bundesliga star Wout Weghorst moves to Manchester United

The World Cup is over and club football is back in the spotlight. This will be particularly interesting in the transfer market, which is open again.

Since the New Year, clubs from Europe’s top leagues can buy and sell players again. The transfer window is open until January 31. Some Bundesliga clubs have also become active. The transfer news on t-online in the live ticker.

Official: Ex-Bundesliga star Wout Weghorst moves to Manchester United

Former Wolfsburg Bundesliga player Wout Weghorst is set to join Manchester United on loan in the Premier League. As England’s record-breaking champions announced on Friday night, the Dutch national striker will be loaned out by league opponents FC Burnley until June, where he still has a contract until 2025. 30-year-old has been loaned to Besiktas Istanbul.

At Manchester United, Weghorst, who scored twice for the Dutch national team at the World Cup in Qatar, meets a fellow countryman in coach Eric ten Hag. “I’ve played against the club in the past and it’s a fantastic feeling to now have the chance to put on the famous red shirt. I’ve seen United’s progress this season under Erik ten Hag and I can’t wait. to share mine To help bring the team closer to their goals,” Weghorst said, according to the club’s announcement.

Report: Nkunku’s move to Chelsea set since summer

Christopher Nkunku’s transfer from RB Leipzig to Chelsea was reportedly set during the contract extension last summer. This is reported by the “Leipziger Volkszeitung”. According to this, the French national footballer had a guaranteed clause in June during his extension at Leipzig until 2026, according to which he can move to London in 2023 for 65 million euros. Chelsea, then coached by Thomas Tuchel, had already fiercely courted the Footballer of the Year last year.

Nkunku is currently recovering from a knee injury in Paris. Leipzig coach Marco Rose recently said he doesn’t expect his top scorer to return until mid-February. Nkunku has reportedly signed a contract with Chelsea until 2028. Official confirmation from the struggling London club is still pending. Chelsea lost 2-1 at Fulham FC on Thursday night and are currently only tenth in the Premier League.

Former Bundesliga star joins Manchester United

According to consistent media reports, Dutch professional Wout Weghorst will move to Manchester United by the end of the season. The former Wolfsburg player has a contract with Burnley FC in the Premier League until 2025 but is currently on loan at Besiktas Istanbul.

The Red Devils would pay around €2.8million in compensation to the Turkish capital club to end the 30-year-old striker’s loan. The international, who is now on loan at United, caused a stir at the World Cup in Qatar with two goals against eventual world champions Argentina. The quarter-finals went into extra time after a spectacular free-kick to equalize 2-2 in added time.

Vincent Aboubakar, who played for Istanbul for two seasons, is in talks for a possible replacement for Weghorst if there is a change. The 30-year-old Cameroonian currently plays for Saudi club Al Nassr, which Cristiano Ronaldo recently joined.

Leipzig interested in Koné Gladbach?

Bundesliga club Rasenballsport Leipzig are reportedly interested in Manu Koné from Gladbach. As ‘Sport Bild’ report, Marco Rose’s side have the 21-year-old on the list as a potential replacement for Konrad Laimer, who was already heavily courted this summer, especially by FC Bayern.

Spicy: In addition to Rose, Max Eberl is another former Gladbach player with the Bulls. Eberl recently pointed out that transfers from his former club could be possible. So far, the “Causa Koné” is only a first analysis. The Frenchman is considered one of the most talented players in the Bundesliga in defensive midfield and is attracting interest from several top clubs. His contract with Borussia runs until 2025.

Report: Top English club want young BVB star Moukoko

English top club Newcastle United are interested in young BVB star Youssoufa Moukoko. This is reported by the English newspaper “Standard”. As a result, the club made a verbal offer for the 18-year-old with an annual salary of €8.84m. It would at least be a higher offer than BVB. Shortly before Christmas, Moukoko probably rejected an offer from Noir et Jaune for an annual salary of six million euros and a signing bonus of ten million. How the young star reacted to England’s offer remains open.

#Official #ExBundesliga #star #Wout #Weghorst #moves #Manchester #United

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shopping Cart