Sports

Bundesliga – FC Bayern Munich – transfers and news: Manuel Neuer’s injury apparently even worse – internal doubts over a return?

Munich – Here you can find all transfer news and further information about FC Bayern. So you don’t miss any transfer rumors with the German record champions.

You can also find an overview of transfer rumors from the Bundesliga and top international leagues on our website.

+++ Update, January 10, 3:11 p.m.: Are internal doubts about Manuel Neuer growing? +++

The goalkeeper talk remains the main topic at FC Bayern Munich in winter. After ‘Sport1’ announced on Tuesday that Manuel Neuer could be out next summer, ‘Bild’ gave new details on the severity of the 37-year-old’s injury.

According to this, it is rumored that Neuer did not suffer a ‘lower right leg fracture’ as announced by the club in December, but an open fracture of his tibia and fibula. As a result, there are said to be big internal doubts that Neuer will fully recover from this injury and be able to return to his former level of performance.

This is one of the reasons why the Bayern bosses around sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic want to become active in the transfer market “immediately” according to “Sport1” and “Bild” and also want to link a new long-term goalkeeper. Borussia Mönchengladbach’s coveted goalkeeper Yann Sommer has reportedly been offered a contract until the summer of 2025.

Salihamidzic had recently confirmed his interest in the 34-year-old Swiss goalkeeper. The keeper himself has reportedly submitted a change request to Gladbach. However, the club publicly vetoed the move.

“We won’t give up on Yann Sommer. That’s what we told Bayern,” sporting director Roland Virkus told the Rheinische Post on Saturday.

+++ Update, January 9, 4:46 p.m.: Will FC Bayern get rid of Bouna Sarr in winter? +++

Bouna Sarr has been under contract with FC Bayern for two and a half years now. Meanwhile, the Senegalese, who came from Olympique de Marseille for around eight million euros in the summer of 2021, has only played 27 games for the record-breaking German champions and is therefore considered one of the biggest transfer flops in the club’s history.

The 30-year-old has been out of Munich since early September last year after undergoing knee surgery. While Sarr works on his return, Hasan Salihamidzic, Oliver Kahn and Co. would like to sell him. The right-back market is manageable after his ‘non-performance’ in recent years and because of his injury.

However, there should definitely be interested parties. This is reported by “fussballtransfers.com”. As a result, his adviser Patrick Mendy is expected to have ‘a few inquiries from European clubs’. Nevertheless, Sarr should ‘not force’ a Bayern Munich departure.

Due to his injury, the Senegalese is still waiting for his first appearance of the season. It could be a while before the Munich company doesn’t sell it. According to Mendy, Sarr could return at the end of January or beginning of February: “Bouna is working a lot to get back on the pitch. At the moment, he is even a bit ahead of schedule.”

+++ Update, January 8, 9:45 a.m.: FC Bayern angry at Mazraoui’s forced break +++

The surprising absence of Moroccan right-back Noussair Mazraoui is causing problems for FC Bayern leaders. Sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic elaborated on the extent of the defeat during the German champions’ training camp in Doha. According to him, it was a “huge failure”.

“It’s very bitter for us to have to do without him because he’s a very important player for us,” said Salihamidzic. FCB are particularly annoyed with how the 25-year-old was forced to take a break. Therefore, one “will always look for how this could happen”.

Mazraoui had to take a break during the World Cup in Qatar due to a corona infection, but was used again in the semi-final against France. Maybe too soon, because: During an examination after the World Cup, the Moroccan was diagnosed with an inflammation of the pericardium.

However, FC Bayern don’t want to press charges against the Moroccan national team. After all, there was “very good communication” at all times.

The right-back, on the other hand, is now expected to fully recover from his illness before returning to the pitch. A return date is still pending.

+++ Update, January 7, 11:40 a.m.: Benjamin Pavard contacts FC Barcelona +++

For some time, rumors have been circulating about the departure of Benjamin Pavard from FC Bayern. Several media had recently reported that the Frenchman was flirting with FC Barcelona.

As the ‘kicker’ now wants to know, the 26-year-old reportedly contacted the Catalans with his team of advisers already. The Spaniards shouldn’t be opposed as they see a need for action at the right-back position.

However, sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic was unable to confirm the Frenchman’s general dissatisfaction with FC Bayern during a media tour: “I have the feeling that he feels very comfortable and we will try to succeed together.”

Nevertheless, according to the report, Bayern Munich have considered a farewell in possible future scenarios and may be looking for a right-back more actively.

However, the record champions will try to keep the 2018 world champion in Munich. “We will have discussions. I don’t care if there are contacts with other clubs. We have different goals and Benji is a very important player for us,” continued Salihamidzic.

+++ Update, January 5, 7:17 p.m.: FC Bayern officially sign Daley Blind +++

FC Bayern Munich have officially confirmed Daley Blind’s signing. The 32-year-old has a contract until the summer of 2023. The defensive all-rounder last played for Ajax Amsterdam but his contract was terminated there.

“I can’t wait to play here. We are now facing the most important part of the season, which is the titles – and a club like FC Bayern can win any trophy. The thirst for titles here at the club was crucial to my decision,” Blind reportedly said in a club statement.

Blind will fly to training camp in Doha with FC Bayern this Friday. The veteran has plenty of international experience, having won the Europa League with Manchester United in 2017. He has already made 99 appearances for the Dutch national team. Blind won the cup seven times with Ajax and led the club to the Champions League semi-finals in 2019.

+++ Update, January 5, 7:17 p.m.: Daley Blind has passed the medical examination – contract without option +++

As transfer expert Fabrizio Romano reports, Daley Blind has already completed and passed his medical at FC Bayern. All documents are also ready. The contract is expected to run until the summer, but there is apparently no contractual option for an automatic extension.

If the players and the club want to continue working together beyond the summer, the negotiations will have to be repeated. According to ‘Bild’, the Dutchman receives a relatively very low base salary but can collect high bonuses thanks to good performances.

+++ Update, January 5, 8:37: Daley Blind probably before Bayern transfer +++

Surprise on Säbener Straße: Daley Blind is probably on his way to Munich to sign with the record champions and pass the medical examination. Dutch newspaper ‘De Telegraaf’ reports that FC Bayern Munich would like to sign the 32-year-old.

Blind could replace Lucas Hernandez, who tore his cruciate ligament during the World Cup in Qatar. Like Hernandez, the Dutch international can be used as a left-back but also as a centre-back.

After terminating his contract with Ajax Amsterdam, Blind is without a club. Blind was disappointed on Twitter at the time: “I hadn’t imagined my end at Ajax like that, but due to the circumstances, it happened like that.” The reason was probably a breach of trust with Ajax coach Alfred Schreuder.

Bayern could sign him directly at no cost. According to ‘Sport1’, Blind will receive a contract until the summer and will fly to training camp in Doha tomorrow.

You can watch FC Bayern Munich’s next Bundesliga game against RB Leipzig live on January 20 on SAT.1 and ran.de.

+++ Update, January 4, 11:40 am: Sadio Mane before returning quickly +++

On February 14, FC Bayern Munich will face Paris Saint-Germain in the knockout stages of the Champions League. Bayern star Sadio Mane has been out since early December with a torn tendon at the head of the fibula. He was injured in the Bundesliga game against SV Werder Bremen.

As ‘L’Equipe’ report, Mane could be fit again by the first leg in Paris, although the 30-year-old was initially expected to be out for a much longer period. The Senegalese is currently undergoing rehabilitation, but according to his French colleagues, he will return to team training in early February.

You can watch FC Bayern Munich’s next Bundesliga game against RB Leipzig live on January 20 on SAT.1 and ran.de.

+++ Update, December 30, 2:50 p.m.: Bayern probably wanted to prevent Bellingham from signing for BVB +++

Would shooting star Jude Bellingham almost not land at Borussia Dortmund in 2020, but at FC Bayern? According to Xuangdong Ren, the former CEO of former Bellingham club Birmingham City, that has almost come true.

The former British official told Mundo Deportivo: “The day he wanted to sign for Dortmund, I received a call from his father asking me to postpone the signing. Bayern tried to accept the offer at the They offered him so much money,” Ren explained, without revealing specific details about Bayern’s alleged last-minute offer.

The player decided not to move to Isar, which ex-CEO Ren commendably underlined: “He chose Dortmund and not Bayern, even though he might not win any titles or won’t make that much money. He has his development before anything else. How many players would do that?”

And international competition reportedly tried to lure the midfielder in with very thick wads of cash more than two years ago.

“Manchester United made the biggest offer compared to all the others. FC Bayern, Borussia Dortmund, Leicester City or smaller clubs like Wolves, they all called,” Ren continued.

Bellingham is still under contract with BVB until 2025. There are growing signs the 19-year-old will leave the club for a reported transfer fee of over €100m this summer.

Given his lunar sums, Bayern should no longer be in the race for the player. On the contrary, Real Madrid and Liverpool FC are the big favorites for the contract.

#Bundesliga #Bayern #Munich #transfers #news #Manuel #Neuers #injury #apparently #worse #internal #doubts #return

About the author

admin

Leave a Comment