The first test match of the new year is scheduled for Saturday January 7 with FC Schalke 04 – FC Zurich. The first part of the season was extremely bad for both teams. The traditional clubs are each at the bottom of their championship.
At FC Schalke 04 – FC Zürich, two professionals in particular will be in the spotlight: Donis Avdijaj and Cedric Brunner. Brunner meets his former club during FC Schalke 04’s game against FC Zurich. On the other hand, Avdijaj feels the same. In our live ticker there is all the information about the match.
FC Schalke 04 – FC Zurich live
After the two draws against Rapid Vienna (2-2) and VfL Osnabrück (2-2) and the 3-4 defeat at Hajduk Split, FC Schalke 04 want to do better against FC Zurich and clinch their first victory in preparation . Will coach Thomas Reis’ team succeed?
Match info: FC Schalke 04 – FC Zurich
- Kick-off: January 7 at 1:30 p.m.
- Stadium: Titanic Deluxe Football Center
- Transmission: S04 YouTube channel
FC Schalke 04 – FC Zurich 2:2 (0:1)
doors: 0-1 Katic (25′), 1-1 Kozuki (52′), 2-1 Terodde (57′), 2-2 Okita FE (88′)
Programming S04 1st half: Schwolow – Brunner, Matriciani, Yoshida, Müller – Krauss, Larsson – Sané, Drexler, Karaman – Polter (15. Ivan)
Programming S04 2nd half: Langer – Aydin, Cissé, Kaminski, Mohr – Mollet, Latza, Kozuki – Terodde, Bülter, Ivan
+++ Update live ticker +++
After the end of the game: Bad news from Sebastian Polter. The striker is suspected of having a knee injury. He must go to the hospital for further examinations. An MRI will be done there.
final whistle That’s it. After a stormy but goal-rich match, FC Schalke 04 and FC Zurich finished 2-2. The friendly match was overshadowed by an injury to Sebastian Polter, who had to leave early.
88. Bitter! Aydin fouls his opponent in the penalty area, there are penalties for Zurich. Okita intervenes and scores to equalize 2-2.
83. It doesn’t need to be in a test set! After a violent entry by a Zurich professional, the Schalke bank panicked and a small peloton formed. The referee leaves it on the pitch, otherwise it would be a clear red card.
69. The Royal Blues have now taken control and finally want to decide the game. The FCZ goalkeeper manages to parry a header from Terodde.
57. S04 Keeps the Game Going! Aydin with a great cross to Terodde, who made it 2-1 with a header.
52nd goal for FC Schalke 04! Totally deserved the compensation and who did? kozuki! Who else? The Japanese recovers the ball in the penalty area after a cross and shoots it into the slot.
49. And after just a few minutes there is another big chance for Schalke. Terodde collects the ball in the penalty area but does not kick the ball properly. It should have been the balance.
46. We continue to Belek. There are many changes in the Royal Blue team. Only Ivan remained, otherwise all players were replaced. Here is the formation in the second half: Langer – Aydin, Cissé, Kaminski, Mohr – Mollet, Latza, Kozuki – Terodde, Bülter, Ivan
45th half! The S04 are trailing 1-0 against FC Zurich. FC Schalke 04 had a few good chances to score, but they didn’t take them. However, an injury-related change overshadowed the friendly. Sebastian Polter had to leave the pitch early. We’ll get back to you in the second half.
36. The game gradually calms down after it was hot before. Zurichers are very aggressive in duels. This also brought about the first change in Polter’s game. S04 fans hope this is just a precaution.
25. There is the head of FC Zurich. A free kick from the half field arrives in the penalty area, where Katic Schwolow leaves no chance with a direct shot. The S04 defense didn’t look good at all.
19. And Ivan is directly dangerous. The striker tries it from a distance, but the Zurich goalkeeper parries for a corner.
15. Polter can’t go any further. Andreas Ivan replaces the striker.
12. Shocking moment at S04! Polter collides with his opponent and needs to be healed for a long time.
11. First big possibility now also for Zurich. After a cross, a Zurich man arrives with a header, but he just misses the goal.
4. It must be 1-0 for Schalke! Nice attack from the Royal Blues on the right flank. Brunner has an eye on Polter in the middle, but he misses the goal by a few yards.
1. The kickoff is a bit late. S04 starts the first half in white and blue from right to left.
1:27 p.m.: Both teams are ready, it will finally start.
12:45 p.m.: The composition of FC Schalke 04 has arrived and there is bad news for S04. Niklas Tauer is not in the squad for the game. The newcomer is absent with slight adductor problems. The Royal Blues write that this is a precautionary measure. Jere Uronen, whose signing was announced today, is also absent. On the other hand, the starting eleven are: Schwolow – Brunner, Matriciani, Yoshida, Müller – Krauss, Larsson – Sané, Drexler, Karaman – Polter.
11:03 a.m.: The test match between Schalke and Zurich is broadcast live on television and via streaming. Here you get all the information.
10:15 a.m.: In the early morning, there was also the announcement of a new player. Jere Uronen will join the Knappen (All information here).
9:30 a.m.: A nice hello. Today is the Royal Blues’ first test match of the new year. At the same time, the first victory of this preparation should be against FC Zurich. So far, S04 have drawn two draws against Rapid Wien (2:2) and VfL Osnabrück (2:2). In Hajduk Split they had to admit defeat with 3:4.
3:40 p.m.: Donis Avdijaj is really excited before the first meeting with his training club. You can read what he says about the upcoming duel here.
1:25 p.m.: Justin Heekeren will definitely not be there. The third goaltender had to leave training camp early due to a knee injury.
11:15 a.m.: Then the Swiss looks at the sportsman. “Things didn’t go well at FC Zurich, just like we did in the first half of the season. They started the season as Swiss champions, but now, like us, they’re bottom of the table. That’s why our opponent will really step on the gas. And so will we,” the right-back said.
10:28 a.m.: Before the duel, former Züricher and S04 defender Cedric Brunner spoke about the duel in an interview with the Royal Blues. “I spent my whole youth there, turned pro and had a great time. I’ve already met some of the guys I played with back then and some of the staff,” explains the defender. Because the two clubs reside in the same hotel, Brunner and his former companions sometimes cross paths. It’s “always nice,” admits Brunner.
No more news:
9:09 a.m.: Welcome to our live ticker for the match between FC Schalke 04 and FC Zurich
#Schalke #Zurich #S04 #shock #Star #hospital #suspicion #injury